Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sassy



Here's a quick mock-up of a painting I'm working on for my niece. The boy pointing is my nephew- he's the one that gave her the nickname, Sassy. I wish he had decided to nickname her "Quiet" or "Polite" or maybe "Holy crap! I didn't even know that such a wonderful little creature could exist". Instead he goes with Sassy. And she feels the need to live up to her nickname. Sometimes I get the feeling she thinks her name is "annoying little c**t".

I know, Jo, I know. That probably gets me another "F" for my parenting skills. Just put it in the bucket with the other ones.

5 comments:

Mike Luzzi said...

Cool design for sure. Looks like it could be on a candy wrapper or a soda can.

I like how you manage to create these very simple characters that just instantly read as who you are depicting, well, at least for your brothers and yourself and now you have created Miles in this universe.

Ease up on the harshness bro, though. :)

Mike Luzzi said...

Uncle Jessie would never have called Michelle a c**t...

:D

Dunderback said...

Thanks, Mike. The design is actually based on the old Moxie Man cans of Moxie. I actually thought of the idea for this two years ago- the first time Sassy went to Maine (where Moxie is from). Thought it would be nice to commemorate her first trip downeast, and Myles giving her the nickname in one image. Of course, I put the thing off for awhile before actually doing it. As usual.

For the record, I don't know what your second comment means. Who are Uncle Jesse and Michelle?

Mike Luzzi said...

Really? Uncle Jessie from Full House.

Dunderback said...

The only Uncle Jessie I know is from Dukes of Hazard.